Drawing People Out: the art of making meetings visible - A 2.5 DAY INTRODUCTION TO GRAPHIC FACILITATION
Due to an abundance of in-house workshops, we don't currently have any public workshops scheduled. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to know when the next set of dates is announced.
Looking to add graphic facilitation to your toolbox? Join Crowley & Co. for Drawing People Out: The Art of Making Meetings Visible, a 2.5-day introduction to graphic facilitation at the Bolger Center just outside of Washington, DC and open the door to increased innovation, creativity, efficiency and effectiveness in the sessions you run!
People frequently ask if you need to have training as an artist to learn to be a graphic facilitator. The answer is no! The only prerequisites are a sense of curiosity, a willingness to try new things and a strong interest in helping groups become more creative, efficient and effective.
For more information about this workshop, please call us at +1 (724) 484 7400 or send an email to email@example.com.
WHY TAKE THIS WORKHOP?
As a result of participating in this course you will be able to:
- Make your meetings more effective, efficient and engaging through the use of visual tools
- Learn to organize complex concepts in real time
- Establish a foundation for leading strategic visioning sessions through the use of simple graphic frameworks
(Space is limited to 16 participants per workshop to ensure plenty of one-on-one support and coaching)
Rate = $2200.00 (includes two room nights, meals, snacks and all materials)
To register for this workshop, please call (724) 484-7400 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to small class size, a minimum 50% deposit is required to secure your spot at the time of registration. Payment can be made by check, Visa or Mastercard.
We realize that plans can change. While we will certainly try our best to accommodate any unavoidable cancellations, we also need to cover the costs associated with preparing for our workshops. The following is our cancellation policy:
- A refund may be obtained if we receive written notice two weeks prior to the start of the workshop, however, a $150 processing fee will be withheld.
- No refunds will be given after 14 days prior to the start of the workshop. You are welcome to transfer your participation to a friend or colleague up to and including the night before the event. We request that we receive written notification of the change as soon as the decision has been made.
- 2.5 days of highly interactive training with two trainers
- Evening practice time in a fun and informal setting on day one
- A relaxed networking experience the evening of day two
- Breakfast, snacks, lunch and dinner
- A full kit of supplies to get you started including a workshop manual, large rolls of paper, markers from Neuland and The Grove Consultants International, chalk pastels, artist's tape, paper cutter, large PostIt® Notes, journal and more!
7:30 AM - 8:30 AM - Continental breakfast and registration
8:30 AM - 5:00 PM - Workshop
7:30 PM - 9:00 PM - Evening interactive practice session
7:30 AM - 8:30 AM - Breakfast
8:30 AM - 5:00 PM - Workshop
7:30 PM - 9:00 PM - Informal networking
7:30 AM - 8:30 AM - Breakfast
8:30 AM - 12:00 PM - Workshop
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM - Lunch
OUR APPROACH TO TEACHING GRAPHIC FACILITATION
- Simple techniques for transforming group process
- Engaging, visual alternatives to PowerPoint
- Routines you can practice right away to reinforce what you've learned and put you on a path towards proficiency
- Hands-on opportunities to work individually, in pairs and with small groups to support a variety of learning styles
- Case studies from public and private sector projects
- Templates (pre-drawn visual frameworks) to support group process
- Opportunities to apply what you're learning to a current project or initiative
- Tricks-of-the-trade to instantly improve your flip charting skills
- Strategies for engaging participants and moving discussions forward
- Supportive, individualized coaching and feedback
Deirdre Crowley is the founder of Crowley & Co., a consultancy based in the Washington, DC area specializing in making the complex simple and supporting big picture thinking and problem solving through the use of facilitated, interactive discussions, graphic recording and visual tools. Prior to founding Crowley & Co. in 2004, Deirdre was a senior consultant for The Grove Consultants International in San Francisco. Together with the Grove Consultants International, she has been at the forefront of the visual practitioner movement in establishing the use of communication design techniques for complex problem solving.
Deirdre's clients include Nike, Hilton Worldwide, Deloitte, Ford Motor Company, The Nature Conservancy, the President's Cancer Panel and the United States Pentagon Joint Chiefs of Staff.
Phil Kiracofe is the Founder of Gooseworks Consulting, LLC, an experiential training and development company based in Baltimore, Maryland. Phil has designed and facilitated initiatives for hundreds of companies, schools, and organizations to strengthen teams, improve effectiveness and develop more productive work environments. His customers include the World Bank, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands, AARP, World Economic Forum, Teach for America, Ardmore Enterprises, and The Arc of Howard County.
Phil has been a consultant in the fields of experiential education and organizational development since 2001. He brings a unique academic background of Education, Psychology, Sociology, and Kinesiology to his passion for experiential learning and group dynamics. Phil believes strongly in an interactive and multi-faceted approach to learning and development and often utilizes visual facilitation techniques to complement presentation-based and experiential methodologies.
Registration includes a two-night hotel stay with check-in after 3:00 PM on the first day of the workshop and check-out at noon on the final day.
The Bolger Center is located fifteen miles from Washington, DC and is close to Reagan National and Dulles International Airports. Bolger has free wireless access, fitness facilities, an indoor swimming pool, and newly renovated rooms.
Just call or send us an email if there is anything more you would like to know! We love talking about our workshops and we'd be happy to provide you with any additional information you need. You can reach us at (724) 484 7400 or via email at email@example.com.